Saturday 24 April 2010

Pre-surgery photos

It's about time I unveiled a few 'before' photos to show what my surgeon will be up against next Saturday. As you can see, it's a pretty impressive underbite i've got going on, and a nice deficient midface to boot. When Mr T. gets going he'll be pulling my upper jaw forward 4mm and pushing the lower back 2, he'll also be doing a genio to keep facial symmetry in balance.

It's a weird feeling knowing that the bottom half of my face will look completely different pretty soon but i'm not worried, after all my messed up bite couldn't be much worse right now!





5 comments:

maryc said...

Wow! You are going to be so happy after surgery! I look forward to reading and seeing your progress!! Good luck and all the best next Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you're going to look so amazing after surgery that you won't know what to do with yourself. :)

An underbite is what got me to see an orthodontist long ago as a kid. 12 years later, I went back with an open bite. How magical. ;P

Discantus said...

Thanks Marym, i'll be blogging all the glorious/gruesome details so prepare yourself!

JNN, so this op has been a longtime coming? Same here! I was about 14 when the issue was raised so it's the fulfilment of a 17 year dream :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting that your surgery is less than a week away! I'll be very interested in your posts regarding surgery and recovery, as I am having upper/lower surgery a week after you (May 7).

Jennifer.

SinxDesigns said...

I wish you the absolute best of luck with the surgery and a quick recovery.