Wednesday 4 November 2009

A Lady of Leisure




A fantastic development to report - I have left my hated job, and received redundancy payments enough to allow me to take the next 6 months off work! This is great news as I will now be able to take a good long time to recover after surgery :) It's such a relief, i'm convinced that the stress of that hateful role had something to do with my recent ill health, and now i've left it hopefully those problems are all behind me - now I can give my full attention to building up to the Big Day!

Speaking of the big day, I have my next adjustment on 12th November and i'm hoping for some further indication of a surgery month. Given I havn't yet had my moulds taken or elastics fitted I think I can safely assume December is out, so i'm going to keep my fingers crossed for early Jan.
Also hoping I can meet with Mr T. again soon, it's been over a year since i've seen him so it would be good to go over the plans again.

Teeth-wise all is pretty boring, the second molars are now tilting upright but everything else is the same. I can't see what else there is to do in there, but hey what would I know about the dark arts of orthodontistry?!

PS - Attention All the Better to Bite you with Kate! Hope you're out there and doing well, really miss reading your blog!


3 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

I've turned into one of those evil people who suddenly finds she has nothing to say. I miss this community like crazy, but struggle with the ability to be relevant. Blah, blah. I still check up on you guys, just more as a lurker.If nothing else, perhaps my negligence can be viewed as hope that soon, you too will look at all this as being Sooooo long ago?

Dude, you are so getting closer to that. Talking of surgery in the new year? That's amazing! Here's hoping they give you something to hold them to, really, really soon.

Oh my goodness, with the Crohns diagnosis and and everything else, you've had an oweful lot going on! So happy to hear you're out of that toxic (workplace) relationship, and you've gotten some breathing room to boot. I'm a total believer that stress can fark up your health so kudos to you and feeling better asap.

Discantus said...

Hi Kate,

So pleased to hear you're ok - I was concerned that a terrible jaw-related problem had put you out of action for good! Anyway your results look fabulous so congrats on making it through, totally inspiring for those of us still facing the Big Day.

I can totally relate to holding off posting when there's nothing relevant to say rather than straying too far from the subject. Anyway, your prolific blogging has kept us entertained for ages so a break has been well earned. Enjoy the lurking :)

Discantus said...

Hi Matt,

We obviously think along the same lines! I began looking into meditation as soon as I left hospital, along with positive thinking techniques and mindfulness, and I must say they do seem to be doing wonders for my health and mental wellbeing.

Hoping these will help me sail through the surgery without any more meds as i'm already taking enough pills for the Crohn's to equip a field army!

Good luck with the end of your journey, so close now!