Sunday 22 August 2010

Picture update

Three and a half months in! Was at V Festival this weekend dodging the showers and enjoying the music. As you can see the residual swelling - which isn't supposed to be gone until next spring - really isn't in evidence any more, I only really notice anything when i'm just out of bed first thing in the morning when there is a touch of swelling going on.

I'm off to my ortho on Wednesday and can't wait to speak to them about these enormous gaps that have appeared and my clicking jaw, which occurs every other day or so when eating or cleaning. Will report back!

4 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

My jaw has been clicking too. :P I don't know why... hmmmm?

And you look so great! i have swelling still too, but it is an improvement all the time!

love, makay

Discantus said...

Hi Makay,

I read somewhere that if it's not clicking all the time then it's just part of healing and not much to worry about. However i'm going to check with my ortho and maybe surgeon just in case, best not to take the risk.

Really enjoying your recovery story too :)

June said...

Hi Discantus.

I haven't had any of the clicking you guys are talking about. I still have quite a bit of swelling and maybe an infection. It's all good though. Hope the ortho can fill you in on the gaps (haha) and clicking. How often do you see the ortho? I go in every 4-6 weeks. Looking good. June

Rebecca Maria said...

you are looking fabulous! another successful jaw surgery!!!

i haven't had any of that clicking though...not sure about that.