Thursday 11 November 2010

Debracing date set!

Alarums and excursions! Finally beaten my ortho into submission and got a rock solid non-negotiable no-going-back debracing date. It is...(drum roll)... December 21st! However this is dependent on me going for TWO adjustments between now and then (since recovering from surgery i've started forgetting the odd appointment, something that would NEVER have happened pre-surg), and if I miss one it will certainly be Christmas dinner no 3 with braces. So I will be good.

So what is there left to do? Well, very little as far as I can tell, but according to Dr H my teeth are still a fraction away from his gold standard, so some 'detailing' is being carried out. Fair enough.

During tonight's appointment the assistant was having tremendous problems opening up some of the brackets, and came out with "oh these brackets really have had enough", to which I immediately responded "yes, like me!" (or as close as you can get to that with someone's fingers in your mouth") and jabbed wildly towards my chest. She didn't laugh...

Sorry for the shortness of the post, just about to go on holiday for a fortnight after a wildly busy few weeks, but look forward to catching up with my fellow ortho-bloggers in Dec :)

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Ah! I'm sad I discovered your jaw surgery blog so late in my recovery, but glad to have found it nonetheless. I love your sense of humor! I also underwent orthognathic surgery for my underbite and I'm about 10 weeks post-op now. I can't wait to be where you are in the recovery process! Congrats on your upcoming braces removal! I hope you don't mind me adding your blog to the links on my blog :)

Joel said...

I'm glad to hear that you'll be spending your Christmas without your braces. Seems that you'll enjoy much of what you are to have on Christmas eve.
I'll be seeing my cosmetic dentist (Chicago-based) for a checkup. I hope to get a positive feedback too.Despite the pains that I've been through, I can't deny how thankful I'am to cosmetic dentistry (Chicago-based)!

Discantus said...

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the comment and thanks for adding my link, I hope your recovery is going well. Once I was past the 2 month mark the time started to fly by, so i'm sure you'll be at your own debrace point in no time :)

Hang in there!

Umer Ghani said...

Your blog is very informative. Thank you for sharing this kind of blog with us. Can you please share something about Dental Instruments .