Thursday 6 November 2008

Ready or not...

Things are moving quickly! Had my final moulds taken yesterday morning and casually enquired when the brace would be ready, thinking it would be in December sometime. Dr H's response was 'oh, I think we'll pop on the top set on the 18th'. Hold on...that's only 12 days away. OMG panic, didn't realise it would be so soon! He'll put the lower set on three weeks later, and i'm rather pleased to be having a few weeks to get used it, hopefully it means i'll have adjusted to the feeling a bit more when the bottom set go on. Dr H also told me that he still hasn't decided how exactly he'll move the teeth, or whether he'll need to extract a front tooth or not. Watching him fiddle around with my casts however, as though struggling with a particularly troublesome rubix cube, makes me think it's inevitable.


Anyway, i'd now better get moving with my final preparations. I need some decent photos of my teeth and jaw as they are now, as well as stockpiling floss, interdental brushes, paracetamol and all the other dental paraphernalia that seems to go with brace wearing. Also planning to celebrate the start of this journey with a final blowout of stringy, sticky brace-hating foods next weekend. I'm definitely going to include melted cheeses on crusty bread and caramel cake on the menu. Apparently red wine and curry are also out as they have a tendancy to stain ceramic brackets. Better get stuck to those while I can :)

1 comment:

V said...

Hey, I just found your blog... Good luck with your journey! I'm a Class III also, and have just been given a date for April... It'll be totally worth it! Getting used to braces takes a little while, but is not so bad.. Do get in touch if you have any questions! xx