Monday 19 April 2010

Surgery in four days...

The excitement/nerves are increasing! I've got my final appt with Mr T. on Wednesday when he'll check the bite plate templates are correct, then we're good to go!
 
Friday's plan is as follows: show up at my orthodontists at 11.30 to get surgical hooks attached, arrive at the hospital at 12.30, down to the operating theatre for 2.30 and be in recovery by 5.30/6pm, job done. Makes it sound so simple! I've also found out that the hospital has wifi and intend to take in my laptop - I could be sharing my sufferings with the world as early as Friday night!
 
The only thing that's not so cool is that my mum won't be here. She wanted to come up for the op and recovery, but thanks to my (naive) belief that I'd be having surgery on the 12 month mark, she went ahead and booked a holiday to Africa for the whole of April thinking i'd be good and recovered by then.  My sister's interest in this begins and ends with my availability to babysit for her during recovery so support from there is out. Sooo lucky have A. and my friends to chivvy me through :) 
 
Planning to get some decent before pics up here by Friday...

5 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooo exciting. You can't do any more preparation so just chill and eat a whole bunch of crunch stuff. :)

The results will be amazing.

Make sure to keep us updated on everything. And give us some pics later. :)

-makay

June said...

That is super exciting. I'm sure you can't wait to be on the recovery side of this. Good luck to you. I have my surgery scheduled for May 6. Blessing, June

Anonymous said...

The big day is almost here! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

good luck... S will visit you.x

Discantus said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement Mackay, JNN and June, reading about other peoples journey through surgery is such a huge boost!

Look forward to my visit mystery person S, whoever you are. No taking the piss while you're here!