Friday 30 April 2010

Surgery tomorrow



The time has come for me to sign off from this side of the journey. I've just returned from getting my surgical hooks attached, and am fully stocked up on smoothies and ice-cream. For the rest of the evening I plan a long bath, a good dinner, and then bed to attempt some sleep (though heaven knows if i'll be able to)

The plan for tomorrow is this, up at 6.15am for final dithering then a short tube ride to the hospital for 7.30. I should be going down about 9.30ish and will be back in my room sometime in the early afternoon. I'm booked in for a 2 night stay so will be back home on Monday. I'm taking a ton of stuff to keep me entertained, including my laptop, and am hoping to distract myself enough not to worry too much about what's going on in the jaw department.

Can't say i'm feeling too nervous right now, the meditation and relaxation techniques I've worked on seem to be helping keep me calm. Tomorrow will probably be a different story but i'm not too worried, after all who wouldn't get scared at the prospect of imminant jaw breakage! So hopefully i'll just relax and treat whatever crops up as part of the whole adventure.

See you on the other side :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I hope the surgery goes well, and you are resting comfortably the next time we hear from you!

Best,
Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You're going to do great. I hope you keep us updated.

Kyla Makay said...

SEE YOU BEAUTIFUL!!!! keep us posted. I just prayed everything went/goes/going well. Let us know asap! :D

I am so happy for you.

-makay