Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 14!



That's supposed to be a 1 and 4, as today is my two week milestone, yayyyy! It's great to feel the surgery and all its anxieties sliding further and further into the past :)

So, as you can see from this rather ropey pic, swelling and bruising is going down. The bruises on my neck are currently a strange greeny colour, but at least strangers are no longer stopping dead on the street to stare at me in horror. My jaw, so far, has been pretty well behaved, with none of the twitching and spasms that i've read about on other blogs, but I've had a few dull aches today - healing I presume.

The only thing I have to complain about is a dozen or so mouth ulcers which have sprung up out of nowhere, which are giving my swollen lips even more of a trout pout. As if eating with elastics wasn't enough fun already! I'm definitely not getting the calories I should, but at least once they're off i'll have fun eating my way back up to a decent weight.

Was prised off the sofa today by A and his family who were determined to get some fresh air into me, and once I was out the lethargy seemed to just fall away. So the lesson for today - going out, even though you may not want to, is always a good thing :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got moving! You're right, it really does help. That and drinking water as soon as you can after surgery.

Kyla Makay said...

glad you are doing well, and yes... you do look a TON better. :)

keep it up...

-makay

Discantus said...

Hi Jawnomnom - very wise words, I've found it all to easy to slump on the sofa rather than get my lazy arse moving!

Hi Makay - Thanks, though I look a bit dishevelled and shiny in most of these shots. Planning to make myself look more presentable in future pics :)