Tuesday 4 May 2010

Day 3



72 hours down, and i'm focusing on getting through the first difficult few days without freaking out.

Last night was pretty tough as sleeping with an elevated head is not working out at all. I managed a few hours but half the night was taken up with tossing, turning, rearranging pillows and generally feeling uncomfortable. My face also felt like it was about to burst with the swelling, and I ended up sitting in my living room at 4am with ice packs held to my face watching the dawn creep in.

So today is all about toughing it out and focusing on the positives - not being in pain, having a good appetite, and knowing it should all get better in the coming days. The congestion is by far the most difficult thing - imagine having a very heavy head cold and you'll get the idea (along with the light headedness and blocked feeling that accompanies it), and not being about to blow my nose is torture. Mr T suggested a bath as the steam should help loosten things up a little. I really hope so!

2 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

Compared to MANY people you look great for day 3! seriously... you are giving me some home! :D

Thanks for the pics too. And yes yes yes... focus on the positive. You can't change anything right now, so just try and be as happy as possible. I mean you have an incredible bite now. ANd I have heard it all goes uphill after Day 3... and you will look wayyyy better come a week. :)

Love,

Makay

Kyla Makay said...

haha... i meant... *hope... not home. I need to proof read. ;D

-makay