Friday 7 May 2010

Day 6



Almost at the week mark and swelling is down, discomfort is down and energy is up! Here is me giving my biggest smile possible!

Have to say I did not expect to be so chipper at this stage in the game - thought the difficult period would continue at least until day 10, but today I found myself dancing around my flat to the radio and admiring my new overbite in the mirror at every opportunity. What's contributing to this great mood is relief - it's only now I realise that the pre-surgery worries and fears were weighing me down like a millstone. Don't think I was entirely aware of this at the time, or of the toll it was taking...

3 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

THis is soooooooo encouraging! THANK God for this blog... and your story. You are comforting me more than you know. Dancing around on Day 6? YES!!!! Now I am excited.

And that is a pretty good smile too. :)

I am so happy for you.

-makay

Discantus said...

Hi Mackay,

Thanks for your comments! As I was saying, you're probably feeling the pressure more and more now you're getting closer, but hopefully my experience is proving that it's worth the stress 100 times over - i'm so glad to see the back of my underbite :)

If you have any Q's about the surgery or any part of the recovery feel free to ask!

June said...

Discantus, you are doing so well. You're like a role-model. You really look good for only being out 6 days. I'm on day 3 and I have more swelling than before. I know this will go done. It's probably the hardest day. Keep us posted on your progress. Congratulations for making it look so easy. June